Friday, October 23, 2009

What else?

Other games I've been playing, with some quick thoughts:

Sacred 2: I felt like playing a Diablo clone, so I did. And it is. This is the PC version, by the way. It's a fine game with basically what you'd expect, if you expect an uninspired Diablo clone, but some of the systems are a bit obtuse. Just get Borderlands. (Preloaded on Steam. 4 days...)

Batman Arkham Asylum: ..wow. Definitely the best superhero game I've ever played (and I've played Spiderman), I would strongly recommend this one. Batman is a bad-ass, the story is presented well, the various different aspects of the gameplay are all done very well... Fantastic game, go buy it if you either a) Like Batman, or b) Like games.

Majesty 2: I freaking loved the first Majesty (I was 7, though), and I have to say I'm on a bit of a nostalgia trip with the sequel (finally). It's pretty much the first game, if you've played it, including the same guy doing the voiceover of your royal advisor. It is by no means a fantastic game, but the concept of such a hands-off, simulation style RTS is still interesting enough to kind of carry it, along with some very straightforward charm. Some parts are frustrating, as crazy Russian 1C games often are- the AI is less than great.

No comments:

Post a Comment