Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dungeon Hunter

Just finished recording the very first podcast. It was fun but I'm sure it'll sound like three demons crying into the abyss. Actually that would be kind of badass.

Anyway, I recently purchased Dungeon Hunter ($9), for my iPod Touch, off the recommendation of a friend. It's by Gameloft, a company well known for it's shameless ripoffs. This one is no exception, using just about every fantasy cliché it can. That said, it's also pretty good.

A straight up RPG(rocket propellened gonorrhea, for those unaware), Dungeon Hunter has everything one would expect; quests, a story, equipment, experience, graphics, etc. What's so impressive is the amount of stuff in it. I haven't played all that much, but this really does have everything you want from an rpg; nothing has been lost(except a map, weirdly), in the process of making an iPhone hack n' slash Role Playing Game.

It's not perfect, but it's pretty impressive, and has given me some solid funtimes. For those who like the genre, I recommend buying it(or just steal it, I know all you fuckers have jailbroken your handhelds).

2 comments:

  1. Encouraging people to steal is illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol- I said fuckers, mate. I wasn't encouraging it.

    ReplyDelete