Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am an idiot.

I got Modern Warfare 2 today, at 10.00am. It cost me 100 dollars. I then came back home, and sat down to play "just a little" of the singleplayer. Problem is, I didn't stop.

The game is amazing. I have played the entirety of the singeplayer campaign, which just goes from one crazy set-piece to another. It doesn't stop, it doesn't slow down, and it's a hell of a lot of fun. The story is over the top too, but very well written, and there were plot twists I actually didn't expect. Despite what the title of this post reads, I am not an idiot(in this respect), and almost always guess what's going to happen. As should you.

The shooting itself feels very similar to the first Modern Warfare, from what I've played(I never actually owned the game), and there's a large variety in guns that means everyone should find something they like killing dudes with. The graphics are better, but certainly not on par with some games of this generation(and before you ask, everything was on highest). On the whole the singleplayer is one of the best experiences I've had all year, while remaining similar to the first game in the series.

The multiplayer is similar to the CoD4 as well, with some tweaks and improvements that, well, improve it. Deathstreaks are fun, especially for me, and according to GiantBomb, shooting down UAV's is awesome. I wouldn't know, but Mark and Michael certainly will. I have yet to try out the spec ops mode, though judging from the rest of the game so far, it will be awesome. Despite my deep hatred of Activision, I've got to admit that they've published a damn fine game.

So why am I an idiot?
I have two exams tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment